Boiler Operators Training (Hydronic Boilers)
July 22-23, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Both Days
8651 Spectrum Center Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92123
$1,150 – Includes continental breakfast and lunch both days and training materials. Pay with credit card or company PO.
This two-day workshop is designed for maintenance personnel and stationary or mechanical engineers who are responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing boilers. Also, anyone seeking a basic working knowledge of boiler room equipment will benefit from this class.
Starting with “The Basics,” attendees will participate in “open forums” with world class training videos combined with the instructor’s 30 years of in the field, hands-on experience to answer all your boiler system questions and guide you through boiler operation and safety.
After guiding you through the design and thermodynamics of day one, attendees will learn specific boiler systems. The overall objective of the workshop is for the recipient to become familiar with boiler and control operation, so that routine maintenance and troubleshooting can easily be accomplished.
• Basic Steam Systems (Steam Cycle)
• Hydronic (Hot Water) Systems
• Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
• Flame Safeguard Systems
• Basic Combustion (with Low NOx Combustion)
• Equipment & Operation
• Water Treatment
• Feed Water System
• Combustion Controls
• Heat Recovery
• Condensate Systems
• Steam Traps
• Gas regulators
• Modulation Motors
• Water Level Floats
• Water Level Probes
• Gas Pressure Switches
• Digital Volt Meter Use
• Motor Starters & Relays
• Gas Safety Valves
• Gas Burners
• Safety Valves
• Burner Management Controllers
• Parallel Positioning and Metering
ASSOCIATION FOR FACILITIES ENGINEERING
Attendees will be given a completion certificate approved by the Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE), giving you continuing education units (CEUs) toward re-certification. This workshop also addresses the minimum state requirements for boiler operators and should help you better understand your local boiler operation and safety laws.
• Professional Management/Supervisory Experience
• Professional Maintenance Experience
• BA/BS in Related Field
• Complete/Pass Review Courses
• Requires: (5) CEU credits every (3) years
• Employment Credits: 1 year = 1 credit
• Academic Credits: 10 hours = 1 credit
• Earned for 2-Day Boiler Operators Workshop: 16hrs = 1.6 credits
• Certified Professional Maint. Manager (CPMM)
• Certified Professional Supervisor (CPS)
• Certified Plant Engineer (CPE)
Classes are held in a shop environment. Please wear closed-toe shoes or work boots and pants. Safety glasses and gloves will be provided as needed.